Saturday 14 February 2009

More fabric purchases...

I have been resisting the urge to pop into Spotlight lately, because I have so many WIPs and way too many crafty supplies already :) But I had some time to kill the other morning, and suddenly I found myself in the fabric section of Spotlight - it was completely empty except for me and Master O and I felt so sorry for the poor bored girls who work there that I had to get some fabric to give them something to do.

I bought some more red and white polkadot fabric for my dinosaur d9p quilt, and also some cream and red pinwhale corduroy - such lovely colours, I think I'll make something for Miss M from one of my Ottobre mags. I also picked up some lovely wool blend fabric, very light and drapey - it was $18.99/m down to $4.99/m, how could I resist that!



And then I got a delivery of some beautiful quilt fabric, Soiree by Lila Tueller. I haven't taken it out of the wrapping yet because I'm putting it away for my birthday.


I got the aqua and the green fat quarter packs, there is enough there to make a full queen sized quilt if I want - I'm thinking I might back it in a nice minky type fabric so it's lovely and cuddly.

Not too bad, but this is going to have to be my last big purchase for a while, as we're looking to enrol Miss M into a local Montessori school, and that isn't cheap!

No comments: