Friday 4 May 2012

Knitting for Me

Since the weather has cooled down and Autumn has started to set in I've had the urge to pick up my knitting needles again.  I've got some obligation knitting, a couple of vests I have to knit for an October birthday, and I have been pretty faithful to those.  But last weekend I suddenly caved and bought two patterns to knit up for myself.  They are both by Jane Richmond, who has put out some great patterns on her website.

First of all there is Georgia, a simple but pretty fitted cardigan.

DSC_0013

I'm trying to use yarn that I have lying around, and I had some Dream in Color baby lace in the Gold Experience colourway from a scarf that I'd just frogged.  It's a little finer than the yarn called for in the pattern, so I'm knitting it up on larger needles to get gauge.  It will be a lovely lightweight cardigan when it's finished.  It's knitting up quite quickly considering how fine the yarn is.

DSC_0014

And then there is the Ladies Classic Raglan Pullover.

DSC_0010

I'm knitting this up in some Bendigo Woolen Mills luxury wool, I had a couple of 200g balls of 10 ply in the Ghost colourway to start me off.

DSC_0011

I feel a little guilty knitting these instead of the birthday vests, but I am hoping that they won't take me all that long, and then I will get back to those vests.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wow what great patterns. Isnt the luxury fabulous to knit with. I love the golden colored yarn that your knitting with. I am sure the vests wont take too long to knit up either.