Saturday 9 February 2008

Second sewing project for the year




This is the inside of the bag, it's identical to the outside with the squared off corners (I have no idea of the technical term for this!)

I decided to have a go at making a teatowel tote bag, as it looked pretty straightforward (and it was!). I found the instructions here. I changed it a little by squaring the corners off so that it stood open a little, sort of like a gusset I guess.

Next I'm going to have a go at making a messenger bag, since I'm now an expert at putting in zippers ;) maybe I'll even have some sort of zippered pocket or something. I also want to buy some pretty quilting cotton and make a handbag, on the same lines as the tote but with a zippered opening.

I have no idea when I'm going to find the time to do any of these things!

No comments: