Saturday 19 April 2008

Bamboo scarf

This is what I've been knitting with some of my bamboo yarn. It is the first knitting project I've ever done, and I'm pleased with how it's turning out. Unfortunately Lincraft only had 2 balls of the yarn and the ball in the photo is all I have left, so it's going to be a very short scarf, unless Lincraft get more yarn in! The scarf is called the April Showers Scarf.

I'm really enjoying knitting, I've got a few things I want to try, next I'm going to have a go at knitting socks. I've also just been invited to Ravelry, so I'm going to spend some time poking around on there :)

I'm also trying to decide on a quilt pattern for a new queen sized quilt. I know the fabric I want, I just have to find a design that will show it off nicely. I'm afraid it may end up slightly resembling a d9p...





1 comment:

Ruth said...

Wow, for a first knitting project that is fantastic! I love the colours and the stitching. Fingers crossed you get some more yarn!