Tuesday 6 January 2009

A New Year of Craft!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone is feeling refreshed and ready for a new year of crafty goodness :)







As much as I love Christmas, I'm very happy that it's over for another year and that a whole new year has begun. After all the rush and stress of trying to get ready for Christmas and to finish all my handmade presents I'm loving just having no deadlines for anything, and just pottering around doing a little bit of knitting, and dabbling in any other crafty project that takes my fancy. I feel very relaxed and rejuvenated, and I have lots of crafty plans for 2009. I have also learned a few things in the last year - don't take on too many projects at once; don't agree to make lots of things for different people, because the stress of all the obligations ruins the fun of crafting; plan out birthday and Christmas presents well in advance (read: now!) so as to be able to enjoy making them and to know I've done a good job; make more things for myself; keep any non-birthday presents a surprise from the recipient so that they don't wait around expectantly for something that might not be finished for a year or two ;)

I have several things planned for January - I'm knitting more socks for my dad, since he loved his father's day socks so much. I'm working on my Hemlock Throw, which is a very straightforward knit now that I'm past all the lace. I'm in the process of painting some wooden letters for my son's bedroom door - he always seems to miss out on these sorts of things since he's a second child so 2009 is going to be the year when he gets all the things his sister gets (eg. a quilt, a birthday cake etc). I'm also planning out a bed quilt for each of my kids - Miss M has just moved into a big king single bed so she needs a quilt that fits (double bed sized), and as I mentioned before, Mr O still needs a quilt so I'm going to make him one as well. I'm thinking of a d9p for Mr O, and this pattern for Miss M. Both quilts will use the same fabric, the dinosaur/animal fabric I bought from Spotlight last year. And finally, I have my Farmers Market quilt to make, which I'm so looking forward to! I have put all my fabric, wool and craft supplies in our bedroom (oh for a sewing room!) and I can lie in bed and gaze at that lovely, delicious Farmers Market fabric in its crate :)

Ready Steady Go!

No comments: