Tuesday 13 January 2009

Some more crafty photos

Ok so I haven't actually accomplished terribly much so far this year, but I've been enjoying myself immensly with no actual crafty obligations to work on.

I've made some socks, which were a gift for a friend.




I've made some experimental jam, where I threw every type of fruit we had lying around into a pot with some water and a little sugar. I think I put in apricots, nectarines, granny smiths, passionfruit and a banana. I boiled it up and put it into jars to freeze. It tastes pretty much like apricot jam, which isn't surprising considering the amount of apricots I put in. Not too bad at all.




I have repeatedly popped into Spotlight and Lincraft, both in a shopping centre near me. Here are a few of my purchases.



And I've spent some time in the garden, where I saved this baby blue tongue from a stormwater drain. He has been living in a garden bed since where I see him every day, usually trying to swallow enormous snails!





I've also cut out the fabric for my next quilt, which after much agonising and drawing and planning is just going to be another disappearing 9 patch :) No pictures of this yet as I have yet to find time to actually sew the blocks together.

I hope you are all having a crafty January :)

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am knitting the exact same socks for my daughter, and I really love the way the pattern knits up. Yours look lovely, what yarn did you use for yours. Those blue tongue lizards are so intriguing arent they.