Wednesday 17 February 2010

Ta Da!!! - Linen Messenger Bag



After dragging my poor old messenger bag around for two years (and watching it get grubbier and grubbier, not to mention the horrors that my fingers would touch if I ever dug down to the bottom of the bag) I have put it out to pasture and made myself another one. The beautiful linens that I bought recently were perfect and I just love it :)









I used my favourite Sew Liberated Messenger Bag pattern - this must be the sixth one I've made. This time however I added an extra side pocket and also a separate zippered compartment in the middle of the bag - I can actually find things now!



I added some of the linen tape I bought, and I even used the lace tape that the etsy store owner wrapped my fabric with :)



That is one of my new year's crafty goals down - I haven't given myself too many this year so I won't be under so much pressure to get things done!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That is a beautiful bag Louise. Well done.

Ruth said...

It looks great Louise. And nice a big for carrying all those essentials around. I love the fabric