Tuesday 7 September 2010

7 September

Here is one of my completed floor quilts - made using the Bricks and Stones quilt pattern by Red Pepper Quilts (thanks to Cherri Berri for mentioning this pattern on her blog :) The fabric is Oh Boy, such a great boy fabric.





This quilt was a commission, so I wanted it to be extra perfect. I hand quilted it when the machine quilting wasn't turning out, and I sewed on a name label for the little bub it's intended for.



My apologies for all the fluff and hairs sticking to it - I did give it a vacuum before I passed it on ;)



















8 comments:

willow and moo said...

Louise, that is a spectacular quilt!!!

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Wow! Just beautifully pieced, and love your choice of fabrics.

Your hand quilting is a true inspiration.

I am so glad you have enjoyed this quilt pattern.

Ruth said...

Oh wow Louise. that is stunning! Your hand quilting is beautiful - so neat. Asbolutely Gorgeous!

Car said...

Wow. That is stunning. I can't believe you've been quilting, come back to the thread (eb) to share... & let us
Iive vicariously thru you ;)

Anonymous said...

this is spectacular! how are your fingers after all that hand quilting?

MY SPACE said...

Clever you! It is absolutely beautiful. And your handquilting is presicion! Well done you!!!

Catherine said...

Stunning! Seriously. I love that it's interesting, but not busy. I'm sure Joseph will enjoy it. :)

elsie123 said...

Wonderful quilt! I came across it while blog surfing, and really like the design. That's a lot of hand quilting, you do beautiful work.