I have made a practice block for my autumn quilt just to make sure my templates all fit together. I've never sewn triangles before, so I wanted to have a go at that as well. It turned out well, except that I think I'll iron every time I sew to make sure the seams are flat when they're sewn together. I also made up the applique for the stem, since I have no idea how to do applique! I'm going to have to research that on the internet before I attempt it on my quilt. I cut all the pieces from the same fabric so it's actually really hard to see the leaf design, I had to tape it to a window to take a photo of the outline. Because I'm so new to quilting I don't have a stash of spare fabric or scraps, and so I had to use the one fat quarter that I didn't want to put in the quilt. The blue bits on the fabric are the cat footprints that wouldn't wash out.