Saturday, 29 March 2008

D9P update


I laid out the D9P squares and this is the layout I have decided on. It looks quite random but I have tried to have an even sprinkling of brown throughout the quilt, and also I chose the green based squares to be the ones that would be cut into quarters, and I wanted them to match up in the corners and centre of each large square.

After much measuring and cutting, I have been able to get all my points to match up as I sew the strips together, so I am very pleased with that. I have also chosen 2 different coloured cottons with which to quilt it, I'm still working out exactly what I'll do though, nothing too complicated as the quilt itself is very simple.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Nice! I wouldn't have picked those colours to start with, but they work really well. Yay on the matching seams, too!

Cascade Lily said...

Oooh, this is going to be beautiful! What a bugger about the charm squares - I just don't trust them!

LOL at your funny cats in a previous post - esp. that one of them isn't so bright!

Mands said...

Love the colours!