Saturday, 11 October 2008

A couple of (very late) WIPs

I've been trying to make things for family and friends' birthdays this year, and as a result I'm really far behind! I've had to let go of the idea of making lots of Christmas presents, because I'll end up handing them out at Easter. It's such a shame because I think that receiving a handmade present is so lovely and I always love to give the things I make, but it just takes so much longer and there is the temptation of sticking a gift voucher in a card. Here are a couple of my WIP gifts:

Socks, and a couple of scarves.


Another messenger bag.


I also have to make more socks, another bag and some other crafty things that I have yet to finalise. I hope that the recipients like them and don't mind too much that their birthday presents are a few months late!

One other problem with having a large list of presents to make, is that I feel guilty whenever I make something for myself. I'm always buying fabric or other crafty materials but I haven't had a chance to do anything with them - I keep thinking "I'll do that after Christmas!" but then I realise that the birthday cycle will be starting again AAAHH!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Make something for you and feel NO guilt! Just give into it and realize that is just going to happen. I have a list a mile long and I keep sidetracking and making other things...guilt free I tell ya!

Leni and Rose said...

I've got plenty of unfinished projects as well...some for family, some for friends. And with christmas looming, that list is only going to get longer! Geez, I better get cracking!