Saturday 11 October 2008

A couple of (very late) WIPs

I've been trying to make things for family and friends' birthdays this year, and as a result I'm really far behind! I've had to let go of the idea of making lots of Christmas presents, because I'll end up handing them out at Easter. It's such a shame because I think that receiving a handmade present is so lovely and I always love to give the things I make, but it just takes so much longer and there is the temptation of sticking a gift voucher in a card. Here are a couple of my WIP gifts:

Socks, and a couple of scarves.


Another messenger bag.


I also have to make more socks, another bag and some other crafty things that I have yet to finalise. I hope that the recipients like them and don't mind too much that their birthday presents are a few months late!

One other problem with having a large list of presents to make, is that I feel guilty whenever I make something for myself. I'm always buying fabric or other crafty materials but I haven't had a chance to do anything with them - I keep thinking "I'll do that after Christmas!" but then I realise that the birthday cycle will be starting again AAAHH!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Make something for you and feel NO guilt! Just give into it and realize that is just going to happen. I have a list a mile long and I keep sidetracking and making other things...guilt free I tell ya!

Michelle said...

I've got plenty of unfinished projects as well...some for family, some for friends. And with christmas looming, that list is only going to get longer! Geez, I better get cracking!