Sunday 19 October 2008

Another future quilt

Farmers Market by Sandi Henderson:





Now this would have to be my absolute favourite quilt fabric, I am so glad that I bought it :) It's definitely going to be a quilt for ME! Although my daughter pointed out that since I have so much I might be a nice person and share some with her. I'm thinking that I'm actually a mean person ;)

The colours are stunning, so bright and summery and juicy! I especially love the vintage cherries, they are going to be the backing for the quilt.


I just can't stop stroking and admiring and loving these fabrics LOL.

My daughter finds them irresistable as well.


I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this quilt. I want to show off the fabric as much as possible, so no little tiny bits. And I would like to incorporate some panels of plain fabric that I can embroider on as well. I'm really enjoying planning this quilt, every day I am inspired by something that I think I must include in the quilt. I think I'll let this one simmer away in my brain until after Christmas.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Those fabrics are just gorgeous and I think I would be a meanie too. I cannot wait to see which design you choose to make.

Emma said...

Ditto to everything you said! Isn't it delicious?!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you do with this!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I think it is my favourite fabric too!! It will look great as a quilt.

Anonymous said...

yep another lover of that fabric here!!!

Ruth said...

Gorgeous fabric. I can't wait to see what you do with it! Your DD is a lucky girl to be rolling in it lol!

Kellie said...

Oh Louise my heart is racing at the sight of such a beautiful pile of fabric! I love new fabric!!!!! I would roll in it too like your girl ... only I would have to refold it afterwards! :)

Kellie said...

Hi Louise! I am unable to send emails - who knows why??? So thanks for the well wishes I am waiting for my flight to houston just now ... and your pile of fabric still makes my heart race!

Ruth said...

I *love* your fabric choices!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!!

Ruth xx