Saturday 23 May 2009

Drawing and painting (and reading)

I used to do a lot of drawing and painting when I was little, then I took up art at school and being obliged to make art killed the desire to do so. I find the same thing happens when I have to sew or knit something on a deadline, all the fun of the project is gone and it becomes a chore!

For some reason all of a sudden the need to draw and paint has returned, and I'm really enjoying it. It gives me yet another outlet for my creative energy when I don't feel like knitting or sewing.

I don't have to look far for inspiration:





This tiger is destined to be painted:


Drawing children is hard because they just don't sit still, and they find it hilarious to be stared at intently - unless they are zoned out on tv ;)


And just to add a completely unrelated topic, here are some books Miss M and I are reading at the moment:

Things we both love: dinosaurs, history and fairies! I can't tell you how much I enjoy having someone to share some of my interests with, we went to the museum last weekend and it was so much fun. But she also shares many interests with my husband that are completely over my head - children are awesome :)



4 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

I love your leaf. Amazing. The others are v. good too - I just love the leaf more!

Little White Dove said...

Your drawings are great! You are very talented.

One Crafty Mumma said...

Your drawings are fabulous! I'm afraid I'm only capable of stick men - but yours are amazing!!

handmaiden said...

i envy your drawing skills