Friday 17 July 2009

Round robin quilt swap

I am participating in my very first online swap, and it is both scary and exciting :) In this swap I had to buy my own fabric, cut it up and send it out to be sewn into 11 different blocks by the other participants. In the meantime I get 2 lots of their fabric a month to make into the block that I've chosen, which I then send back. At the end of 6 months I get back 11 blocks from my own fabric, along with the one I've sewn from my own as well, and I can make a quilt. It's a great way to do the round robin, because we have chosen our own fabric - it is also scary because we have to cut up and sew someone else's precious fabric. I can't tell you how nerve wracking that was!

This is the fabric I've chosen for my quilt - very bright but I just love it.


And this is the fabric I received to make my first swappee block - of course I posted it back without thinking to take a sneak peek of the finished block.


And here is a sneak peek of my finished block.

2 comments:

Journeying Five said...

love your sneak peek, looks really cute!

Little Munchkins said...

I love the sneak peek too. I love the HB Pop Garden fabric - gorgeous!